Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Super Fast Week

Stoney had a work picnic at Water World on Saturday. Stoney had wanted to get a babysitter for Natalie and just us big kids go. But after we got our foster boy, we decided to take the whole family. Stoney took the big kids most of the time to do the slides and I was perfectly content to hang out in the kiddie area and watch the babies play. We enjoyed the lazy river. I want one of those in my back yard.
We don't have any pictures....Stoney was cleaning the toys out of the pool and fell in fully dressed and with his cell phone in his pocket. Electronics and water don't mix too well with us so we decided we weren't going anywhere near water with anything that we like.....oh, yeah I forgot I hate my digital camera it would have been the perfect opportunity to accidentally drop it in the water. The kids had a blast and we stayed almost the whole day. And no one got sunburned!

Our little foster boy went home today. It was a super fast week and yet I can't believe he was only with us for a week, it seemed so much longer. He really just seemed like one of my kids. Except I think he listened better and He was so grateful, always telling me "thank you, mama". I am going to have to work on my thick skin. We miss him already.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Hi Sis Carter (Sally--I feel weird calling you that though) I saw your blog on the Bosen's and had to take a peek. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GROW UP THE GIRLS ARE. Is it possible they are the same little ones I used to baby sit?!