Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CHICAGO


I have been talking for a year about going to Des Moines to visit Allison. When she needed help getting all her kids to AZ it just kinda turned in to a great big party with a stop in Chicago. Brenda took her 3 girls, Lillie, Camille, and Callie. Jane and Lexie. And Me, Nicole and Haley. We flew out of Phoenix and in to Chicago. We spent the first night just relaxing at the hotel, there was a Outback steakhouse located in the Hotel so we ate dinner there and then hit the indoor pool. It was so loud in there with 6 screaming girls we didn't last too long. We had 2 rooms all the girls in one and us adults in the other. The girls took a trip to the vending machines because we didn't have enough crap to eat already, we gave them the safety/quiet speech and locked them away for the night.


The next morning we took a train into the city to meet Allison, she was driving in from Des Moines. I called Stoney so he could google us a PotBelly Sub shop. While we were on the phone trying to figure out where I am and were the closest one is, I turn around and I am standing just feet from one. It was funny that I even asked for help when we later realized there is one on just about every corner downtown. Such good sandwiches totally worth the trip right there. Allison met us for lunch and then we headed to WICKED!


Brenda and I had already seen it in New York and if you have ever seen it you want to share it with everyone. Wicked was the reason we were in Chicago. It was just as good as the first time. We had excellent seats and the girls enjoyed it as much as us adults. We have our wicked CD playing all the time.


We stopped to wade in the waters of Lake Michigan.



We spent the rest of the day at the Navy Pier on Lake Michigan, shopping for t-shirt and trinkets to take home. And of course we ate some Chicago style pizza.


We got back to the hotel late and crashed we had a 4 1/2 hr car ride to Des Moines the next day. It was a Beautiful drive and didn't seem all that long.


We arrived back at Allison's cute home with all her adorable kiddos(if you want to see how adorable her kids are check out David and Allison on my family and friends). We spent the next few days taking walks, catching fire flys, numerous trips to the Dairy Zone, which is just across the street from Allisons home. A trip to Racoon river, dinner at Bandanas, a drive to look at the beautiful historic homes.


And we managed to squeeze in a lunch with just the sisters before we flew out. It was such a fun weekend!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Awesome trip! Those are the kind of trips I dream of my girls having someday... ahhhh...

And let me tell you... now that you have seen WICKED twice, you are going to be anxious to see it again. I think the second time made me love the show even more!!

Claire said...

You are a babe!!! Love you.

Sylvia and Craig said...

Okay I really can't believe you're getting after me about not updating. whatever. :) Are you trying to hurt me on purpose with your chicago trip story-wicked, potbelly, navy pier. all my favorite things and I wasn't invited? again, whatever!!!! No, I am glad you had fun-we miss it there-mostly because there is just nothing like a potbelly sandwich! i'll try to post some new pics TODAY, per your request ;)

Nicolds6 said...

Oh my goodness Sally!!! What a treat seeing you and your family!! You guys have all changed so much and are just a beautiful as ever!!! So glad to see that all is going so well for everyone!!!

Nicolds6 said...

Yea I figured that might happen. We spent an eternity in Morenci for 4 years and now we are in Tucson. I am the school nurse at an Elem. School here in Tucson and Kelley is working for the mine stil. Nothing spectacular going on. Just trying to raise these kiddos.How about you, how are you?? I'm not sure if I am doing this whole respond to the blog thing right so if there is another way let me know. This is sooo foriegn to me.

Allison said...

So I totally had to look twice at one of those pictures....I thought for a second it was you and I didn't make the picture...Um, but it was me..wow you look so pretty!!